Story Time: Loving Yourself

      When I was a senior in high school I went on my first real date. I was so excited because the boy happened to be older than me and really cute. My crazy eighteen year old self thought it was love at first sight, and I thought he felt the same way about me. He was so romantic and charming, and he even kissed me on our first date. That's how I thought he felt the same way about me. When we went on our second date I got the heartbreaking confession from him that there were "lots of other girls after him" even though he told me a number of times through the first date and the second date that he liked me so much. That whole thing made me feel awful about myself.
Not only did I experience my first kiss with this guy, but I experienced my first broken heart as well. I felt so awful about myself after that whole thing. How could I have been so stupid?

 One of my ways of healing from the break up was to love myself. The only people I needed validation from was from my family and myself. I didn't need the validation of anyone else. I felt so confident and healthy from being rid of that toxic relationship. I was more organized with other things as well. People around me noticed that I was so much happier than before. That was the best compliment I've ever received. It helped my self confidence so much.

  Remember to love yourself. When you are going through a tough time or dealing with a not so nice person, don't let them bring you down. Rise above and show them how powerful you are. One of my favorite musicals says this lyric "You are so real. You are so rare. I see you. I see stars, so many stars tonight. You could make diamonds dull. You are so beautiful."
Be the rare star that can outshine so many diamonds and glitter everywhere. Love yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023