Story Time: Letting Go

            Fall of 2019, I met this amazing guy through a dating app and we immediately clicked. We had so much in common and there was never a dull moment. I couldn't stop laughing when I was with him and I would always feel so happy. Sadly a few months later, I learned the heartbreaking lesson of letting go. Let's just say we both had struggles and he found someone else. I was devastated, and I was wondering what was wrong with me. Why didn't he want me? What did I do wrong? The entire four months we were hanging out I didn't think there were any problems, but I was blissfully unaware. I was so heartbroken, but then I had the sudden realization that we weren't meant to be. This was when I learned how to let go. I still remember all the fun memories we shared and the adventures we went on, but I did the difficult thing of letting go. I focused my mind on other things and spent more time with my family (this was when the pandemic was first starting). I do miss him and hope he's happy, but I need to keep moving forward. There's a saying that goes: "If you love something, set it free." Never has that phrase been more true. Letting go can be heartbreaking, but sometimes it's necessary to move on and not look back. Holding on only hurts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023