Continue








 "Have you ever felt like nobody was there?

Have you ever felt forgotten in the middle of nowhere?
Have you ever felt like you could disappear?
Like you could fall, and no one would hear?"

"Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
And when you're broken on the ground
You will be found
So let the sun come streaming in
'Cause you'll reach up, and you'll rise again
Lift your head and look around
You will be found"


I love the musical Dear Evan Hansen. I saw the live musical, March of last year, before the world went down the drain. Recently, I saw the movie of the same name and I absolutely loved it! It's so wonderful to see a show that I can find some way to relate to; meaning mental health struggles and feeling like I'm not good enough. The more I've learned, the more I understand that life isn't all bad; sure there are struggles, but that doesn't mean that life is miserable. There are the most amazing people in this world, and they can make life a lot better. I have seen examples of that in my life. 

I know this is going to sound cheesy, but life really is worth living. There are adventures out there waiting to be explored, there are people waiting to meet you and see how great you are. 
There are some people that I remembered thinking that they had it all together and those were the kind of people I aspired to be like, but they struggled just like everyone else. Some people who seem like they have everything figured out are struggling just as much as the person next to them; maybe more. There's a new song in the Dear Evan Hansen movie called "The Anonymous Ones", and the character Alana Beck sings it, and she sings a verse that sums up what I'm talking about:
"The anonymous ones
Never let you see the ache they carry
All of those anonymous ones
Never name the quiet pain they bury
So, they keep on keeping secrets that they think they have to hide
What if everybody's secret is they have that secret side?
And to know they're somehow not alone
Well, that's all they're hoping for
What if they didn't have to stay
Anonymous anymore"

Imagine if there was no judgement when it came to mental health struggles. Wouldn't it be nice if we treated mental illnesses as seriously as a physical illness? I guess people don't always understand the things they can't see. 

There are people in your life who love and care about you; they'll help you continue on your journey and get you to where you want to be. 
October is Mental Health Awareness Month, and I hope more people will take mental health seriously and work hard to help those who are struggling, and to those who are the anonymous ones who keep their struggles to themselves. Loved ones will help you as long as you let them in. 
You are loved and you will be found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023