Keep Trying

 "You might not make it to the top, but if you are doing what you love, there is much more happiness there than being rich or famous."

-Tony Hawk

 This phrase hit close to home for me because I have been doing theatre since I was six years old, and after I did children's theatre for those first six years, I have never gotten a lead role and I have been working extremely hard for the past eighteen years. I have been climbing the mountain and I have gotten knocked down a few feet every time I've tried. I have been told that I will never succeed in my goal of being a leading role, and that was one of the worst things anyone has ever told me; it knocked my confidence down to non-existent. I am still working hard of achieving that goal, because I'm determined to prove those people wrong who haven't believed in me and have told me that I would never succeed. Tony Hawk's thoughts in the phrase I just shared gives me some hope that if I keep working hard, then something good will happen, but I can still enjoy it along the way. 
  Telling someone that they will never succeed is one of the meanest things imaginable. Life is already difficult enough without cutting  down someone’s self-esteem; there really isn’t a purpose in that. I understand some people mean well and think of statistics when it comes to certain things, but, we can be more encouraging to others and be more supportive. I’m not giving up on my dream of getting a leading role in theatre, nothing is ever going to make me give up.  Don’t give up trying, no matter what anyone says to discourage you; don’t take what they say to heart. If that’s something you want to do, then try with all your might to succeed. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t, because you can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023