Listen

 Why do people always defend bullies when someone comes forward with a problem that is caused by said person?

That is a question I've been asking myself since I was in junior high. People don't seem to want to listen to people's problems these days; instead, people want to make others feel invalidated for feeling concerned with being bullied. No one wants to be treated badly. No one wants to feel invalidated.

  I have gone through experiences like that throughout my life, and it's painful. We are always told to go to a trusted individual to let them know what's going on, but when it's someone they know, they immediately turn in back on you; gaslighting you, blaming you, and making you feel like you're crazy. 

I understand people don't want to believe loved ones are capable of being bullies, but we should listen when someone is going through something an individual is causing. We need to work together to solve problems like that. 

  Criticism is one thing, but unwarranted opinions to make someone feel bad is definitely bullying. Phrases like "I'm just being honest" is one of the most condescending things you could say to anyone. 

There have been times where I've felt backed into a corner because of things like this. I have wondered if I was overreacting to feeling this way, but I realized that I wasn't overreacting. 

I was perfectly valid for feeling the way I was feeling, because no one wants to be treated badly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023