You Are Valid

 


These days, people are told they're too sensitive, or they need to grow thicker skin. While in some cases, that's true, a thicker skin is needed to get through the hardness that is this world, but when an individual is experiencing mental health challenges like depression and anxiety, we need to be more compassionate. 
I have had my own experiences in life where people thought I was just having mental health struggles just for attention, but that is far from the case. As much as I loved high school, there were moments that stressed me out greatly. I would have to go out in the hall to take a deep breath to get my mind to focus on something else instead of the stress I was feeling.
 I’m obviously not going to go into depth of my own experiences, but I do know what it's like to feel anxious and not know the reason why. 
People don't ask to have mental health struggles. Life is stressful and it can have a negative impact on the brain depending on the severity of the stress. Let's all work together to alleviate the stress people experience, and be a helping hand through life. 

  Your feelings are valid. With whatever you're feeling, you deserve compassion to help you get through your struggle. Remember your worth. 
Stress isn't easy to deal with, but with the right support, you can get through anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023