What I Learned at 24

Yesterday was my 25th birthday! I'm so excited to see what this year will bring for me and the learning opportunities that will come along to be a better person. I feel fortunate to have a loving fiancé, a wonderful family, etc.

  I learned a lot of essential things at twenty-four. Some I didn't realize until I sat down thinking about it the other day. 

 One of the things I learned was to not let what anyone says get to you. People in this world are mean and they don't care who they hurt, and I would try to make sure everyone was being nice to each other; but sadly, you cannot make someone be nice. The best thing one can do is lead by example and show kindness to everyone. Sometimes you need to step forward and be the bigger person. Not everyone will like you, and that's okay. You don't have to like everyone you come across, but being unkind is never okay. Build relationships and be civil with one another. 

   

Good things really will come to those who wait. Before I met my fiancé, I didn't have the best luck with dating. I was wondering why it was taking so long, but this year, everything changed; and I'm so grateful I was patient and waited for my prince charming to finally come to me. Don't give up hope if you're waiting for something good in your life, because it will come when the time is right. I know that sounds cliché, but I found out for myself that it's true. I'm so excited to become a wife to an amazing man this summer and to start our lives together. 

 Sometimes in life, we all need to step back and look at the bigger picture. We don't know what is going on in the lives of others. It is not our place to judge, because sometimes we don't want to see the bigger picture. Instead of trying to piece together a conclusion with little to no facts, try to step back and listen. Listening is the most effective way to get to know someone and figure out who they are instead of who they appear to be. These days, people seem to think taking the time to listen is a waste of time, but it's not. It's the most effective way to spend your time and build relationships. 



Never turn down an opportunity to help someone who may need it. There's not enough kindness in the world. I still strongly believe that taking the time to help someone will make the world a happier place. We need to put our pride aside and be kind. 

     Be the best you ever. Don't try to be anyone, because there's only one you. Social media influencers and other public figures will tell you the right way to be a successful person in the world, but only you can make that choice on how you want to be successful. Don't miss opportunities to improve yourself by being a kind person and leading by example. Lots of people have said they would rather be feared than loved, and hearing that makes me sad. I would never want people to be afraid of me, because I want to help restore hope in the world. Be a good example and someone who inspires people. Look up to people to show you how to be the best version of yourself. Don't fall down the distorted rabbit hole of social media filters, because your beauty is the most valuable. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023