Top 10 Favorite Action Movies

 

        Not only do I love to write and perform in theatre, but I'm a film buff! I got my love for watching movies from my Dad; we would always go to the movie theater together since I was a little girl and during that time I have developed a great appreciation for the cinema and the types of genres that great directors have given movie goers. I will be making lists of my top ten favorite movies in some of my favorite genres, and today I will be talking about my top ten action movies in no particular order! 

Disclaimer: there will be spoilers.

  1. Tenet
I loved this movie not only for the amazing cast, but also for the interesting storyline that keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat the entire time! I highly recommend this film to anyone who likes plot twists and thrillers. Seeing Robert Pattinson in this movie made me more excited to see him in the upcoming Batman! He does awesome in action movies!


2. Mission Impossible: Fallout

   I have been watching the Mission Impossible movies since I was younger and out of all of them, Fallout had to be my very favorite. Tom Cruise is so exciting to watch, I practically held my breath the entire time during the scene where he was hanging off the plane! The cast of the movie was phenomenal as usual, and Henry Cavill gives a flawless performance! 

3. All of The Avengers movies

  I have been a fan of The Avengers since seeing the first movie when I was in middle school. Marvel does an excellent job of making action moments in their movies interesting and fun! Throughout the movies, you have the opportunity to connect with each of the characters and care for them. That's why Marvel is great at making movies.

4.  The Lord of the Rings franchise

  Fantasy and action are the best combination in my opinion, the books are phenomenal and the movies are breathtaking and visually pleasing. The story of Frodo Baggins and his adventures are both exciting and heartwarming. I recall one of my guy friends being shocked that I enjoyed those movies, because he didn't know 'women could like The Lord of the Rings'. That troubled me, because fandoms are for everyone. These movies show that our moments of weakness can make us stronger and get through the challenges we are facing.

5. Pirates of the Caribbean franchise

I realize the plots have become more stale, but I still find them exciting. Johnny Depp commands each movie as our beloved Captain Jack Sparrow; he is what I look forward to seeing when I was a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Depp makes the movie more entertaining with his humor and antics. I am earnestly hoping we will see him as our beloved captain in the future. 

6. Batman: The Dark Knight

As much as I love Marvel movies, this movie is one of the only ones from DC that I like. Christopher Nolan is an outstanding director and the Dark Knight was one of his best works along with Tenet! The movie was so exciting and interesting. The Joker was my favorite character. Christian Bale is amazing as Batman along with Heath Ledger as the Joker (Rest in Peace) I can't wait to see what Nolan does next.

7. Star Wars franchise
 
  The greatest kind of space adventure! I love seeing the impact on pop culture it has had over the past forty years, and how far it continues to grow. The adventures are extraordinary and there's a lot of heart in the story that Star Wars portrays. I believe that it will continue to leave a positive impact on pop culture for generations to come.

8. The Outsiders

I know it's mainly drama and coming of age, but I see action elements in it; The Outsiders is one of my all time favorite books and movies. Some of Hollywood's most notable starts like Tom Cruise, Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, etc. star in it. I think the reason this movie is still loved today is because we've all felt like an outsider at some point in life. We all have a group of people that make us feel like we belong, and we can always stick together.

9. The Maze Runner series

     I know the dystopian genre has been beaten to death, but for me, this series stands out above all the others. There's the fight for survival inside the mysterious maze and then outside the maze is just as intense; a zombie apocalypse from the Flare outbreak. The book and movie series will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time, keep you guessing, and break your heart all in one! 😭

10. Minority Report

Another Tom Cruise movie makes the list! This was one of the movies I watched while in quarantine and I was in awe at how good this was. The concept of a police force that stops crime before it happens is an interesting concept and I have to say that it was executed very well! There were moments in the movie that made my jaw drop to the floor and my eyes were wide with shock! I highly recommend this move.


I hope you enjoyed this list! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023