When Life Feels like it's Slowing Down

    When things get exciting, life appears to move fast, but when those exciting events are over, life can come to a screeching halt and slow down. Life can feel empty and you can find your self sitting and saying to yourself, "Now what?" today is one of those days where I am feeling like that, and it's not a good feeling. No one enjoys feeling like that; where everything appears to be moving in slow motion. 


  I recently just finished a show that I adored being in, and closing night was exceedingly bittersweet. The cast I worked with was so wonderful and it actually felt like a second family; that was something I hadn't experienced in what feels like forever. There was no competition and no backstage drama, and that was a breath of fresh air. Closing night was hard for me, because I was going to miss the loving environment the cast presented. In my fifteen years of being in theatre, that was the first time I could say that about a show I've performed in. When I was typing this post, the age old phrase came to my mind, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." 

  Sitting here, thinking about all the wonderful memories I made with incredible people the past year and a half and the past couple of months, I smile because I was given this wonderful opportunity. 

   This opportunity was so fast paced and exciting, I felt as if I was on top of the world, and now that the show is done life feels like it's slowing down. Overall I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to put on an exciting show with wonderful people. I'm grateful for the perfect moment I had. I smile because it happened.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Strong in a Chaotic World

Patience

My 2023